Thursday, May 23, 2013

Backyard Burgers

Posted by Unknown On Thursday, May 23, 2013 2 comments
In a few days, I'll be leaving Davao (and won't be back for a long time) and relocate to Cebu to pursue my medical studies. My friend Ven, knew about me leaving so she insisted that we should see each other before I leave. I've been posting burger photos on my instagram lately and she's been asking me to bring some to her house.

So we planned to have dinner at my favorite burger joint in the city, Backyard Burgers. I, too, was craving for burgers and only Backyard Burgers can give me that quick fix to my cravings. I grew up with food (hence, my size) which makes me very particular with taste. I know a good burger when I taste one! Since then, I've never looked  at any other burger joints in the city!

 
Backyard Burgers, originally, was located near SM Davao. The original place was just a typical backyard (hence the name) with some tables and chairs, a grill and a counter. The place was open so it was really hot, especially during sunny days plus the heat from the grill. Fortunately for them, they branched out at the center of the city, so that more people can try their burgers especially those far from Ecoland area. And the original backyard burgers relocated to a new, more comfortable place with a very restaurant feel to it. The place is quaint and cozy. It doesn't look backyard-ish anymore, but I guess with Philippines being a tropical country, backyard dining is.... somehow, uncomfortable... for some!


Signature Burger

This is their Signature Burger. It's has 2 layers of home made 100% Aussie beef patties, 2 cheddar cheese per patty, heirloom tomatoes, curly lettuce, topped with onions, buttered garlic, mushrooms, slices of bacon, Yakniniku beef (I don't know what that is), and sweet ham, drizzled with a home made barbecue sauce in Black Sesame Burger Buns. Its like heart attack on a bun!

The first bite is always the best! You get that taste of pure 100% beef without the taste of those yucky extenders.  Again, I grew up with food and I have this sensitive taste buds. The flavors mix well inside your mouth. The patties are cooked to perfection. You can have it rare, medium rare, medium well, and well done. It's like steak in fancy restaurants. I like mine medium well, with its center to be a little pinkish and it just melts in your mouth.You would really get your money's worth here! At P280, its all worth it! The burger on the photo looks small but tell you, its not a rip off in actual. It's really big and after finishing one signature burger, you're done! It's like having a full meal!


Cheesy Bacon Burger

This next burger is their Cheesy Bacon Burger. This time, it has only one patty. Still 100% pure beef. It has heirloom tomato, lettuce, cheddar cheese, onions but with lots of bacon top, drizzled with their sauce. But honestly, my favorite is their Garshroom Bacon Burger. Unfortunately, they didn't have mushrooms that day, so I opted ordering this one. Its still good though but I really love the mushrooms on top.

They have other bestsellers like the BB Japanese Oishii Burger. I guess its the sauce and the toppings playing here. This one's a little bit spicy because of the wasabi-mayo sauce.

They have the BB Chikiting Trio Burgers. It 3 mini burgers. Fun to look at. Kids will enjoy these!


Last but definitely not the least! Dessert! They don't have that much dessert on their menu. As far as I know, I think this is the only dessert they have. Its their S'Mores Cheesecake. There's a funny here at how I was able to taste it. As we were waiting for our orders, the waitress came to me and offered if I'd like to taste their S'mores cheesecake. She said it like it was for free, so I said yes. I thought, "it's on the house, why would I say no it?" So when she handed me the cheesecake, I enjoyed it as if it was for free. That was what I was thinking. Its free. You love to enjoy something for free. It was good. It was really really good. The taste was really familiar as I'm a big fan of S'Mores, nonetheless, cheesecakes. It was a great combination. It wasn't too sweet. Just the right balance.

When we got our check, I was shocked because they charged us P70 pesos for it! I was like, "Miss akala ko on the house! May bayad pala?!" (Miss, I thought its on the house. I have to pay for it?!) Well, I had no choice. It was already down my esophagus and it was good so.. yeah! Might as well pay for good food.

Backyard Burgers offer a lot more other than their burgers. They have french fries and other fried goodies. For those with tight budgets, don't worry. Backyard Burgers have this yard sale thing going on every other day. Meaning, some items on their menu are on sale and if you're lucky you get discounts. Great deals! You can have your burger as low as P100 only.


Burgers for Kyle, Ven and Miko



Send off Burger Party with Miko (yellow) and Ven (Green). Im gonna miss these guys!

P.S. -- I'm sorry for the quality of the photos. They were taken using my camera phone, Samsung Galaxy Pocket

You can visit BB or call them (for reservations and orders) at:

Backyard Burgers
#88 Quimpo Blvd.
Ecoland Phase 1, Davao City
 (082)295-6935

Backyard Burgers
E. Quirino Avenue,
Ilustre, Davao City
(082)285-1377


Like them on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter
Visit their website: Backyard Burgers




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your continued patronage Kyle. We will surely miss you! Happy sails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, can I use some of your photos for our daily posting?

    ReplyDelete

Site search

    Instagram

    Disclaimer

    Photos, Videos, Texts and other contents on this blog site is owned by me unless otherwise stated. Do not re-post or use in any other way without any permission. If and only if you need to borrow the contents of this site, please give due credit. For questions, comments, reactions, and suggestions, please leave an e-mail at krjarabelo@live.com