Monday, May 20, 2013

Casa Verde

Posted by Unknown On Monday, May 20, 2013 No comments

There were 2 things that first came to my mind when I arrived in Cebu last Sunday. It was to have my fix of Gelatissimo Ice Cream and have another taste of Casa Verde's famous baby back ribs.

The first time I was there was a few years ago, when my uncle brought us there to try the baby back ribs. Back then, I was really a fat boy and the sound of baby back ribs was music to my ears. What shocked me most was the serving size and the price. It was large, good for 2-3 people with large appetites and it is cheaper than it looks. And the taste, it never disappoints. The meat actually melts in your mouth and it tastes so good with its sweet sauce. So every time I'm in Cebu, I must have my dose of Brian's Ribs.

This time, I brought with me my best friend Al and our friend Tani. I've always wanted them to try Casa Verde. Its like, it'd be my honor bringing my friends from Davao to try one of my favorite restaurants in Cebu.


The original Casa Verde is located at Ramos, Cebu near Cebu Institute of Medicine (Velez). They already have branches in IT Park and Ayala Mall. Casa Verde is homegrown so its originally Cebuano. They don't have any other branches outside Cebu. They're monopolizing the restaurant.


Tani. Al. Kyle.

For starters, we had Karlamari. Al made me choose between nachos and calamari, but since i'm a squid guy, go figure. The calamari wasn't as good as expected. I've had calamari before which was way better than what we had in Casa Verde. There's still a lot of room for improvement in taste and in texture and of course the size. Their calamari was more batter than squid.


For main course, Tani had the pork steak, Al had the Dax as suggested by Tito Jacob and I had Brian's Ribs, but of course we shared everything. I've always wanted them to try the ribs, I can't finish it alone.


Brian's Ribs

It's Casa Verde's bestseller. This is the dish I always keep coming back for. Not only is it very affordable, the portion size is good for sharing. So, you really get the value of what you're paying.
The ribs are baked to perfection and is covered by a sweet and tangy sauce which perfectly blend in your taste buds. The meat is so soft, it melts in your mouth. You can't get enough. I can't get enough. Brian's ribs is served with rice (but I think you can choose mashed potato too. Depending on personal preference) and carrots and corn on the side.


The Dax

The Dax is a combination of USDA round steak drizzled with their brown sauce. Served with rice (or mashed potato) and deep fried tempura and veggies on the side. The steak was good but not really of high standards. I asked Al, how would he rate it and he said around 5-6 out of 10. We had the same rating. But nonetheless, it was a good dish. The meat was cooked perfectly (medium well). Its really soft to chew which made it easy to eat.


Pork Steak

A slab of pork chop seasoned with rosemary, salt and pepper. I can do this at home. There's nothing really special about their pork steak, other than the portion size. Its large, good for about 1-2 people, depending on one's appetite. But if it was me, I'd order something else other than the pork steak. It is served with rice and veggies on the side.


Death By Chocolate

And finally, what is a meal without dessert? I actually just found out about this being their bestseller dessert on the internet a few days before I arrived in Cebu. I once had cookies and cream cheesecake back then, but I couldn't find it on their menu now so we settled with this. I was expecting ice cream coated cake, but it wasn't. It's ice cream all over. The taste reminded me of childhood = HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE SYRUP. It was really commercially chocolaty! It was too sweet for my taste but still good. But for sweet lovers and choco lovers, this is heaven for you. The top is hardened chocolate and center is rocky road ice cream drizzled with what I'm pretty sure about as Hershey's chocolate syrup.

So ladies and gentlemen, if you're in the city, may it be a visit or a stop over or even if you're a resident, put Casa Verde on your list. If you want to enjoy good food at a good place, Casa Verde is the place for you. You'll always get your money's worth. Just a reminder, if you'd visit IT Park and Ayala Branches, make sure you call them first for reservation. They're usually full, especially during weekends.

Here's a quick look at their menu.

You can visit Casa Verde at:

Casa Verde (Main)
#69 Lim Tian Teng St.
Ramos, Cebu City
+63 32 2536472

Casa Verde (IT Park)
A104 The Walk
Asiatown IT Park, Cebu City
+63 32 4123336

Casa Verde (Ayala)
Stall 304, 3rd Level, The Terraces
Ayala Center Cebu,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
+63 32 2338885 


Like them on Facebook
Learn more about them at Casa Verde



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site search

    Instagram

    Disclaimer

    Photos, Videos, Texts and other contents on this blog site is owned by me unless otherwise stated. Do not re-post or use in any other way without any permission. If and only if you need to borrow the contents of this site, please give due credit. For questions, comments, reactions, and suggestions, please leave an e-mail at krjarabelo@live.com