Sunday, April 28, 2013

Where the hell are the fresh herbs in Davao?!

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, April 28, 2013 No comments
Its been a week since my mom left us for Dumaguete to accompany my sister at the Palarong Pambansa 2013. We finished all the food available in the pantry over the week and tonight, my dad decided to fill the pantry again, so we went shopping for groceries at, *drum roll please*, SM Lanang Premiere.

Its my first time shopping for groceries at SM Lanang. My mom usually gets our groceries from NCCC Mall because she thinks its a lot cheaper compared to SM. But really, they're all the same.

So when we got there, the first thing that came to my mind was to get the ingredients I need to make that Pork Tenderloin dish I got from the show Barefoot Contessa. So we got everything from the stalls except the herbs. So I went to the herb section and viola! In front of me were arrays of herbs.... IN CONTAINERS (boxes, aluminum foils, plastics) in their preserved/dried state!

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE FRESH HERBS?! I can't cook the dish with preserved/dried herbs. It wouldn't be the same as Ina Garten tells her viewers.
I asked the sales guy where the fresh herbs was and he only told me that its not available and they really only had dried herbs.

Its a little disappointing for a very well known grocery store that doesn't have fresh herbs. I should've suggested Abreeza mall or Robinsons Cybergate. At least there, I'm pretty sure there's a huge selection of fresh herbs.

Anyway, still, SM Supermarkets are great place to shop for groceries. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site search

    Instagram

    Disclaimer

    Photos, Videos, Texts and other contents on this blog site is owned by me unless otherwise stated. Do not re-post or use in any other way without any permission. If and only if you need to borrow the contents of this site, please give due credit. For questions, comments, reactions, and suggestions, please leave an e-mail at krjarabelo@live.com