Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Martinelli Pizza Deli

Posted by Unknown On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 No comments


What is traveling without food? Food is very essential. In every travel you discover something new. Different places offer different kinds of food. Well some may offer the same kind but could go beyond expectation or fall down with disappointment.

One of Ormoc's gems would be Martinelli Pizza Deli. It was introduced to us by our host, R. According to her, it's one of her favorites and she's happy to share it with us.



Martinelli Menu List
(not my photo)

Actually, we never went to the pizzeria. R just brought 2 pizzas at home for midnight snack. 1 was The Boss All-Meat Fiesta and the other one was something chicken (I think the chicken pineapple) for W because he's Muslim and he can't eat pork. But pizza? You just can't make pizza wait til' midnight so we devoured the pizza during dinner.

The Boss All-Meat Fiesta looked like your typical meat lovers pizza. It had bacon, beef chunks, pork chunks (i think?), pepperoni with lots and lots of cheese. And drizzled with a generous amount of pepper.
The first bite reminded me of Shakey's Belly Buster (minus the olives and the greens) but after some more bites, I realized its more than the belly buster. There's something in there that I couldn't really pinpoint that makes it oh so good. I guess it's a secret something (?) It was really good to be honest. 

The Chicken Pineapple was a little so-so. I did not take interest on that one because I already was making love with the other pizza. But if given the chance again, I guess I could give it a feedback.

What I like about the pizzas was, according to their carton, they use the fresh-iest ingredients from pure Italian olive oil, basil, cheese etc. And their dough is made of whole wheat flour. And when we say whole wheat, we say healthy. I guess the 'healthy lifestyle' fad has reached the world of pizzas!

It's funny that Ormoc being badly hit by the storm Yolanda last year, the deli is still getting so many customers. I guess there's no storm that can harm people's cravings for PIZZA! No storm can beat down a good pizza!

But yeah again, if given the chance again to go to Ormoc, I'd visit the place again and try the other pizzas on their list.

So readers, if you decide to get lost at Ormoc City, don't forget to drop by Martinelli's Pizza Deli. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Osmena Street, Ormoc City
Phone: +53 255 9068
Operating Hours: 2pm - 10pm


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site search

    Instagram

    Disclaimer

    Photos, Videos, Texts and other contents on this blog site is owned by me unless otherwise stated. Do not re-post or use in any other way without any permission. If and only if you need to borrow the contents of this site, please give due credit. For questions, comments, reactions, and suggestions, please leave an e-mail at krjarabelo@live.com