Friday, March 21, 2014

SHRIMPS WITH HERBS AND AROMATICS

Posted by Unknown On Friday, March 21, 2014 No comments
For days I've been craving for something with shrimps. I was thinking of making shrimp pasta, but the thought of cooking pasta was making me lazy. I want something simple and something easy. So I thought, why not just fry the shrimp? So boom! It became koko crunch.

I don't want you guys to expect something really crazy with this recipe. Its a simple shrimp dish. No artsy fartsy fancy whatever. I pretty much know that anyone reading my blog would definitely get this dish like a pro. Again, I just made use of all the things I had in my pantry. Got the herbs, the spices and the aromatics.



SHRIMPS INFUSED WITH HERBS AND AROMATICS

INGREDIENTS:

10 Medium Sized Shrimps (or as much as you want; skinned and deveined)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
Paprika
Fresh Basil Leaves; sliced into strips
Rosemary; a stalk and some minced 
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Small Onion, minced
Garlic; minced (lots and lots of it if you love them. Plus it flavors the shrimps)
Lots of Lemon Rind (or Orange Rind)
3 tbs Lemon Juice (or Orange Juice)

OPTIONAL ITEMS:
Butter (Unsalted)

PROCEDURE:
  1. Get your shrimps from the fridge, thaw them. Once thawed, wash them with cold water. I don't know why cold water. I just thought there's something special with cold water.
  2. After washing them, remove the heads of the shrimps, peel the skin and start deveining the shrimp. You can watch videos from youtube how to devein a shrimp.
  3. Wash them again and place them on a paper towel to dry. You can pat them dry if you want.
  4. After drying, put them in a bowl, season them with salt, paprika, pepper and if you want it spicy, you can actually add pepper flakes or minced chili. Toss them. Then add the fresh basil, minced onion and some olive oil. Then add the minced rosemary and the lemon (or orange) rind. Toss them again. Set aside for 20-30mins. This way, the flavor of the seasoning and the basil with olive oil is infused with the shrimp and the aroma of the rosemary and the lemon rind is intoxicating.
  5. Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
  6. Then drop that stalk of rosemary on the oil. Let it sizzle. The oil will then release the flavor and the aroma of that rosemary.
  7. Drop everything on the skillet and saute the shrimp 2-3 minutes each side or until the shrimp turns pink on both sides.
  8. Before taking them off the pan, pour the lemon (or orange) juice. Let it simmer for about a minute
  9. Get them off the pan. Plate them.
  10. Take a pic, post it on INSTAGRAM
  11. Serve it warm

My shrimps were served with my fried rice but I think its also good with any pasta. Depends on your mood. You can tweak it, play with it. I don't care. The most important thing is you enjoy the food.
I can't guarantee that this dish is perfect. No I don't. I believe that each and everyone of us has different perception of taste. What tastes good for me may not taste good for you and vice versa so I encourage you to experiment, add some ingredients or you can omit some things that you don't like.

Bon Appetit'!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site search

    Instagram

    Disclaimer

    Photos, Videos, Texts and other contents on this blog site is owned by me unless otherwise stated. Do not re-post or use in any other way without any permission. If and only if you need to borrow the contents of this site, please give due credit. For questions, comments, reactions, and suggestions, please leave an e-mail at krjarabelo@live.com