Monday, May 20, 2013

Cebu 2013

Posted by Unknown On Monday, May 20, 2013 No comments


Cebu City. Queen City of the South

Its been a long time since I've been to Cebu. The last time I was there was with the Roldan boys and Alyssa and that was around 2 years ago. It was summer and the Roldan family planned a trip for Visayas and since we felt like we were part of the family, Alyssa and I booked a flight to Cebu to join them. #throwback

Last week, I had the chance to go back to Cebu. Nothing much has changed in 2 years except some new restaurants and establishments I/we can check. But that's for later. 

I went to Cebu for a little break from all the stress. Somehow it really did me some good. Cebu is still amazing because compared to Davao, it has actually a lot of places to go to especially for food trips. But of course, Davao is still the best since its much cleaner and much safer. I'm a little bit bias, I know.


I spent 4 days in Cebu. I arrived Sunday, 5.12.13, 8pm via Philippine Airlines Express. I was fetched by my best friend, who by the way, got there a few days before. I was suppose to stay with my brother at our Condo, but my best friend insisted that I stay with him at his uncle's house/center, The Philippine Teen Challenge center.  I don' think I'm allowed to talk about the center though so, let's just leave it at that.


Cebu City is great at night, as usual. We went through the South Road Properties to reach TC (Teen Challenge), which brings back good memories. It was one of my favorite roads in Cebu because it resembles something I usually just see on TV. Its Cebu's version of Davao's diversion road, only brighter because of the lights.

Along SRP, there's this big construction of a new SM Mall, the SM Seaside Complex which is rumored to be larger/bigger in mall area and the over-all area than SM MoA in Pasig. But we wouldn't know until its finished in the next few years.

We arrived at the center. My best friend toured me around and somewhat oriented me about the things TC were doing. And since they knew that I was arriving, they actually prepared dinner. What was shocking to me and honestly, a little bit awkward, was that fact that the lady who welcomed me at the TC door was serving food for us. Serving meaning, opening my plate for me, putting food on my plate, etc. But they explained to me that it was part of the training at the center, so even though it was awkward, I just let to their thing.

The first night, because we haven't seen each other in 2 days, my best friend and I spent the whole night talking about things, life and the possibility of being residents of Cebu for school. We were roommates. We were so into our talk that we didn't notice it was 5 in the morning. It was nice catching up, though.



My first day in Cebu, we went to SM to meet up a friend. I was so keen on bringing them to one of my favorite Cebuano restaurant, Casa Verde. So I told them that we'll be having dinner at Casa Verde. They suggested IT Park or the Ayala Terraces but I know if we go there, we will be wait-listed since its always full. So I suggested we go to the original Casa Verde which was located behind Cebu Institute of Medicine. We were lost for awhile getting there but we got there. The taxi driver was so nice he didn't take advantage of the fact that we were not from Cebu. That's the good thing of being good in Public Relations.

Basically, what I did in Cebu for 4 days was to eat and processed some papers for medical school. We really didn't explore the city that much because I know we'd be able to do that once we relocate for school. But my best friend already did his memorizing all the crannies and nooks of Cebu, asking how-to-get-here-from-there and vice versa.

My stay was fun, especially because I was with my friends. The only problem was each of us had limited cash so we didn't really fully enjoy. But money ain't a factor if you're with friends.  We shared everything. We took turns paying the taxi, we took turns treating each other at 7-eleven, etc.

I don't have much to say... YET! But once I get relocated, I'll share to you all my escapades in Cebu. Will try out those new restaurants and other activities available in Cebu. I'm excited to try swimming with the Whale Sharks at Oslob when I come back.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Site search

    Instagram

    Disclaimer

    Photos, Videos, Texts and other contents on this blog site is owned by me unless otherwise stated. Do not re-post or use in any other way without any permission. If and only if you need to borrow the contents of this site, please give due credit. For questions, comments, reactions, and suggestions, please leave an e-mail at krjarabelo@live.com